Monday, December 01, 2008

the Elf on the Shelf...



Last year my sister did this Christmas tradition with Jonathan and Jillian and this year I decided to start it with Kayden, so tonight before bed I read the Elf on the Shelf book to her and I wasn't sure how much she would understand or if she would even get the concept. She was really into the whole thing...when we got to the part about naming the elf she wanted to name him Sam so The Simpson's elf is named Sam. As I was reading the book and it was explaining about how the elf goes back to the North Pole and reports to Santa and then returns in the morning she was so excited and said "he's like magic" (this was so cute because I let her hold Sam while we read the book). After reading the book, we gave Sam a kiss and I let Kayden pick a spot in the house for Sam to sit. After she put him in the Christmas tree she said, "I can talk to him but I can't touch him, right, Mommy?". Then she said "when I wake up he be in a new spot." I think she understood a lot of the book...We shall see how our first tradition of The Elf on the shelf goes...

No comments: