Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"Jaw Dropping" Story...

On Monday, the first day of swim lessons Lori and I walked Kayden and Mallory into the gated area right before their class began, got them sprayed down with sun screen, let them walk around and started clicking away with our cameras. Well...Lori and I must of had first time mommy's written across our forehead b/c this nice young lady holding a clipboard walks up to us and starts telling us, very sweetly, that all parents need to wait outside the gate, we don't allow pictures until the last day, and right before class begins the teacher will call your child's name, lead all children in the class to the pool and then parents may sit in the pavilion area and watch from a distance until class is over. Lori and I then walked back out behind the fence and waited for Kayden and Malloy to be called, watched as they were lead by their teacher and then decided to stay behind the fence b/c we could see them better. Lori and I are taking pictures, as best we can, through the fence and watching our little girls as they watch and do as their teacher instructs. As we are doing this two super nice ladies walk up to us and say "are those canon's ya'll are shooting with" and Lori and I say "yes"... well long story short one of them is a professional photographer. So we talk with her a while and she tells us that tomorrow she will bring her biggest lens for us to try out...
So Tuesday, this nice lady gets out her lens for Lori and I to try out and our "jaws drop" to the ground. This lens is HUGE...I think she said it was a 700, don't really know what that means... maybe b/c it weighed 700 pounds... but we put that bad boy on Lori's camera and started taking pictures through the fence, of the girls, and that thing was so stinking heavy I could barley hold it up. But, boy did it take some close up excellent pictures. Alot of our pictures didn't turn out b/c our hands were shaking from the heaviness as well as the price of this lens but the shot above and the ones below are some that I thought turned out pretty cool...I want another lens for my camera but I don't think I'm ready for this one yet, but it was sure nice of that lady to let us try it out...I'm proud to say that today at swim lessons Lori and I didn't even get out our camera's and we sat under the pavilion area with the rest of the mommy's...


If you knew just how far away these were taken, you could truly appreciate the quality...

No comments: