Friday, March 05, 2010

1 week old…

IMG_8382  IMG_8380

IMG_8393

Where does time go…today Karsyn is already 1 week old…She is such an awesome baby…she sleeps a lot and loves to eat…Mommy tried nursing Karsyn, but just like with Kayden, Mommy is unable to produce enough milk to satisfy her little girls, so we had to start Karsyn on formula this week and she’s loves it.  When we left the hospital last Sunday Karsyn weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces which was a 9% weight loss from her birth weight so Dr. Leffel was concerned and said that I needed to supplement formula so that she wouldn’t lose any more weight.  For the first 3 days at home I tried nursing Karsyn and then I would give her a bottle because she was still hungry, then after a few more days Karsyn didn’t want anything to do with nursing, she’d rather have the bottle.  The most important thing is that she eats so she can grow and that’s when I made the decision to just give her a bottle and ever since she’s been one happy baby…When we went to the Dr. this week Karsyn weighed 7 pounds so she is now gaining weight and headed in the right direction…

No comments: